You’ve heard those terms before but what are they? Well, they are much more than the latest fitness buzzwords – they are keys to a healthier lifestyle through mindful movement and Pilates.
Pilates is an innovative and safe system of mind-body exercise using a variety of equipment. It evolved from the principles of Joseph Pilates and can dramatically transform the way your body looks, feels and performs. Pilates builds strength without excess bulk, capable of creating a sleek, toned body with slender thighs and a flat abdomen.
BENEFITS OF PILATES
UPDATED SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES
Pilates Reformer Rules
- Members must wipe down ALL equipment before and after using. Any equipment that cannot be properly cleaned must be placed on the floor in front of the bins for assistance.
- Pilates Reformers are reserved only to be used while attending a class or while with a personal trainer. No personal use is allowed.
- Members are required to wear Socks, preferably Yoga/Pilates socks that have gripping on the bottom, while using the Pilates Reformers.
- Members must provide their own towels, mats and water.
- Reservations must be made for Pilates Reformer Classes. A $10 no-show fee will be assessed if reservations are not cancelled at least 6 hours prior to the start of class.
- Masks are recommended at ALL TIMES when in the Paseo Club, and are required at all times except during active exercise, swimming and eating.
- Please do not loiter in classrooms or halls before and after your class in order to help maintain safe social distancing from other members and staff.
Pilates can really make a difference in your health without taking a toll on your body. (Press + to READ ON)
It’s a refreshing mind-body workout! By emphasizing on proper breathing, correct spinal and pelvic alignment, and concentration on smooth, flowing movement, you become acutely in tune with your body. You actually learn how to control its movement.
Develop a strong core – flat abdominals and a strong back
Pilates exercises develop a strong “core,” or center of the body. The core consists of the deep abdominal muscles along with the muscles closest to the spine. Control of the core is achieved by integrating the trunk, pelvis and shoulder girdle.
Gain long, lean muscles and flexibility
More conventional or traditional workouts are weight bearing and tend to build short, bulky muscles – the type most prone to injury. Pilates elongates and strengthens, improving muscle elasticity and joint mobility. A body with balanced strength and flexibility is less likely to be injured.
Create an evenly conditioned body, improve sports performance, and prevent injuries
In the same vein, a lot of these same conventional workouts tend to work the same muscles. This
Pilates conditions the whole body, even the ankles
Learn how to move efficiently
Pilates exercises train several muscle groups at once in smooth, continuous movements. By developing proper technique, you can actually re-train your body to move in safer, more efficient patterns of motion – invaluable for injury recovery, sports performance, good posture
Many of the exercises are performed in reclining or sitting positions, and most are low impact and partially weight bearing. Pilates is so safe, it is used in physical therapy facilities to rehabilitate injuries.
But it’s also challenging…
Pilates is also an extremely flexible exercise system. Modifications to the exercises allow for a range of difficulty ranging from beginning to advanced. Get the workout that best suits you now, and
PRICING & INFO
CLICK HERE for Pricing & Info!
There are 7 reformers for you to choose from.
|1 Session||$22||$32 (first visit only)|
|GROUP PILATES REFORMER||Monthly Package Group Rates|
|4 Sessions (used within 30 days)||$85|
|6 Classes (used within 30 days)||$120|
PLATINUM MONTHLY UNLIMITED
**There is a 6 hour $10 Cancelation policy and a $22 no show policy
See what our members have to say about The Paseo Club!
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Stay up to date with weekly Paseo news!