By Cézanne Youmazzo – Fitness Director and Personal Trainer
Fall is here! This is one of my favorite Low fat, Low Calorie cool weather recipes. This dish is so easy to make and a favorite of family, friends and clients.
- One medium sized Butternut Squash, (Preferably one with a long neck)
- One package of lean Turkey burger meat or Beyond plant based meat for vegetarians
- One large jar of RAO’s Marinara or if you like a little spice, use the RAO’S Arribiata sauce (You can always make your own sauce as well)
- 1 cup of Mozzarella Cheese or vegan Cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel and slice your Butternut Squash as thin as possible, I use a mandolin to slice mine.
- Put the Butternut Squash In a microwave safe dish or bowl with 3 tablespoons of water, Microwave on high for 8 minutes. When it is done drain off the excess water.
- Brown your meat, drain off the excess fat and add sauce
- In a large baking pan layer the bottom with butternut squash, add a layer of the meat and sauce, sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan, then add another layer of all ingredients.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes